Sunday, February 3, 2013

OOps, no title!

I haven't shown any of my FO's recently. I was into taking tons of pics, but kinda got away from that for some reason. I tend to do it in batches now, about once a month, updating Ravelry as well. It works, but it takes a long time.

One good thing is that I got my needle issue resolved. I went back to my LYS, the one I was complaining about in my last post, and all my wrongs were righted. There was a different person there, and she was so friendly and helpful. It helped that I was the only one in there...but I feel better, and I will visit again. They carry a lot of nice yarns and are very close to me!

I made my daughter a hat. She wanted one. I thought she needed one. So when we were at the LYS, I told her to pick the color she wanted. She loves a deep purple, so that's what she picked. I had to steer her away from a solid purple, though. How boring. So I kept showing her different yarns, more variegated, and we decided on this one. The hat itself was super easy and quick. It looks quite small, and I wondered if it would fit her. But it does, and nicely! It has tons of stretch.

The brim that you see here is what the outside of the skein looked like. After a bit of knitting....

The inside was more blue/green than purple. But it's ok. When she looks in the mirror it's purple! You can see my project page here. The pattern is here.

I started this shawl in New York when we went to visit over the Christmas holiday. Why I had to get more yarn and start a new project is beyond me. I brought enough stuff for our two week stay. I haven't seen this yarn anywhere else and I liked it. It is acrylic and feels like it, but it so similar to Noro it's scary! I shortened the shawl a bit just to get it over with since it got very boring by the end. I like the colors, but I don't really like blue and red together. It reminds me of Superman for some reason.

We were having a good time getting the pics for the projects! She's about five feet tall and broad shouldered. It can be worn as a scarf, but it would be large! I need to block it still, the edge rolls. Project Page.  Pattern here.
And if that wasn't crazy enough, I decided to cast on for another hat! I wanted to make the sock head hat, and this pattern is perfect for TV knitting. Around and around she goes...It took awhile because it got boring, but after a few movies, it was pretty much done! I used Serentiy Sock yarn. It's a bit big. I even cut down on the number of stitches. I'm going to make another in pink, casting on less so it's not so big.
I like how light this is. The brim is nice, you can fold it up for extra warmth. But this hat is not for COLD weather! It would help some, but not much. I like how lightweight it is, perfect for the chilly summer evening or changing seasons.
This is the side view. I might get started on the new one right away! I really like this hat! Project page.
Pattern blog. 

How about some fingerless mitts? I made a pair for the FGF group. They chose two for January. I made the Align mitts out of leftover KP Imagination in Castle Walls. Very quick and easy knit. I did have to go down a needle size since the size 3s produced a large fabric. I didn't have a 2, so wound up  using a 1. They area  bit tight for my adult hands, but fit my younger daughter nicely. And since this is a gray, I bet my son would benefit from them as well.  Project Page.

I also finished a WIP from 2010. It's a crocheted scarf. It has sat in exile for so long, and it worked up pretty quick. I don't know why I just didn't finish it!
Behold the Claudia Scarf! I used KP Palette in lipstick.  Here is my project page.

Well, that's about it for January. I have a few projects OTN that I'm working on right now. It shouldn't take too long, but with Ravlery and all, who knows? I love looking at all the projects and colors and yarns. It helps to keep me inspired.
I'm off to a good start, I think. I hope I can keep my mojo and get a lot done this year!

No comments: