I had such a hard time with these socks that when I finally got into the groove, I was over them. I have to admit, it was partly my fault. I made a toe up pattern cuff down. But it's also the chart. I couldn't quite figure it out. After the third try, I looked at my sock in progress and it didn't look like hearts at all. I found a pattern that had the same stitch count and just inserted that into the pattern. I think it worked out nicely. I used KP Stroll Kettle Dyed in the color Bordeaux. I don't know if I'm crazy about this sock yarn, at least for socks, anyway.
I also made another hat. I spent a lot of time avoiding my True Love socks, and this is one way I distracted myself. I made the Astronomer Hat in Vanna's Choice blue and white. I can say, after working with Malabrigo, the cheapy acrylic is really yucky to work with! I wish I could afford to be a yarn snob!
The hat was quick, though a bit stiff. I hope it softens up some after I run it through a wash. I didn't do the folded brim, only a simple 2x2 rib. It' s a bit big, but it looks nice.
I'm not going to do a separate post for the month's roundup, however, I did manage to meet my goals plus get an extra hat done. I wish I could have spent more time working on old UFO's. I did get one done, so I guess that's ok. With March comes new projects. Yay!!!