Monday, February 20, 2012

It's Pinktastic!!

February is the month of love, of red and white, of pink! I love February, not only is it my birth month, but I really enjoy the reds/pinks/whites.

I finished my mitts for February. They are the Hearts and Flowers  (Rav Link) mitts and I made them with Baby Ull in....pink and white. This was such a quick and easy knit with clear instructions. I did two rows of hearts instead of adding the flower chart at the top. I like them this way, and my 11 yr old daughter loves them.

She is my beautiful hand model. As you can see, they are a bit long for 11 yr old hands, but on me, they are just the right snugness and length.

The heart pattern goes all the way around. I like them! I'm afraid my daughter has claimed them, though.

I also made the Honey Cowl. I started this in December and it was going to be a Christmas present. I didn't get it done in time, and I want to finish up my UFO's and get them off the needles. The Honey Cowl is so easy and very quick. I used Caron Spa for the yarn, and it had gorgeous drape. I didn't think one skein would be enough, but with the larger needles, it was fine. In face, I was kinda scared so I cast off a bit early. It's still plenty wide enough.

You can sort of see the stitch pattern here, darn flash and lighting. Oh well! My model is short, and you can see how long this hands. It's so light and airy, it would make a good spring scarf.

Here it is doubled. I like it this way, too. It's not terribly warm at all, but it's light and soft. I really like how it turned out. I might make one in green since I have the yarn already.

Progress on my socks is slow. I was having so much trouble in the beginning, I lost steam. I did finish one sock and I'm on my second repeat of sock two. I just have to buckle down and finish it. I still have 9 days, as long as I get one repeat a day done, I'll have no problems. 
Well, that's about it. I'm thinking of making another hat for this month. Still undecided...what to do...what to do?

No comments: