Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Monday the 13th was my birthday. I'm now closer to 40 than 30, but I feel great! I had a wonderful day, with much knitting and relaxing, and even cake and ice cream!

I treated myself to some new yarn! I bought a skein of Malabrigo Twist in Purple Mystery. I can tell you l love knitting with it! It is the squishiest, softest, prettiest yarn I have worked with to date. I love it!! I made a hat, but couldn't finish since I didn't have enough yarn. So I had to go back today and get another skein. That's ok though, since I was able to get the Madeline Tosh I had was eyeing but didn't buy. I bought it today!  Here's a photo of my Malabrigo.

I also needed to pick up some green sock yarn for my March socks.  There was not a huge selection of green sock yarn but there were some lovely  yarns there. I picked up this:

Cascade Paints. It has a bit of silk in it and it's very thin. I guess they're perfect for the changing season and I look forward to seeing how it knits up.
I don't have a photo of my Madeline Tosh yet, but I'll get it up soon. Int he meantime, here's my second hat of the year, my hat for February: Chloe.  (RAV Link)

This is a big hat that rests on your hair. I like it! The bow is made with the band and it's very clever!

Still working on my mitts and my socks for this month. I've been having trouble with the chart on my socks. After ripping back to the cuff for the 3rd time, I found a different heart pattern I could insert and I'm almost to the heel now. The mitts are cruising along, I'll have one mitt done after I finish up the top ribbing and the thumb. I feel very productive this month!

No comments: