Tuesday, February 7, 2012

True Love and Fern

True Love doesn't truly love me. It's my second sock pattern for the year, my theme for February, and I'm having one heck of a time.
I love the hearts and the little bit of fanciness on this sock. I have a deep purple yarn to knit it in. Should be a match made in heaven, pure gorgeousness. Right?
WRONG
First of all, the sock is toe up. I don't want to knit toe up.  When I cast off, the cuff is too wide and baggy. I don't like the way they fit. So I decided to "re-write" the pattern and make it top down. Not really a problem, except the chart is wrong! I figured it out pretty quickly and fixed it.
I've frogged the first 5-10 rows 3 times now. Seems like my heart pattern count is off. I don't know why. It bothers me. It seems like I have this problem a lot. Hmmm. Well, I will power through it and get these done. I wanted them done by V-day, but it probably won't happen. Unless I knit on them monogamously and step away from the computer for a few days.
I did finish a project! It's called Fern  (Rav link), and it's my second cowl of the year. I used Andes wool in a red/green mix and a size 9 needle. This was a very quick and easy knit. I had it memorized pretty early on and knitted while watching TV. It only took a few days, and I blocked it lightly.


I don't know how crazy I am about this yarn and this pattern. It will probably go into the gift pile. 



I also started my mitts for the month. They are quick and easy and I am nearly half way done with the first one. It has a small bit of colorwork: hearts of course! I'll probably be on soon with an FO photo.

No comments: