Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Knitting

2 posts in a week, can you believe it?

I wanted to show off the things I made my kids for Christmas. I started in December and thankfully I didn't have to make the cowl or else I wouldn't have been able to finish. In fact, I finished up the last hat on Christmas Eve.

I made the Mitten Top Toque for my oldest daughter, who is 11. I let her pick out the yarn, but she didn't know the exact pattern. I think it knitted up nicely!

The pattern called for two buttons, one just below the loop at the top, and one at the side. I didn't really get it, and I didn't add a button. I figured I could sew one or two on quickly, but she likes it like this. I like the wide brim and she wears it every day!


Here is the front view of the hat. I used Deborah Norvile's Everyday Soft worsted in Parfait. The pattern can be found on Ravelry. I still have a skein and a half left. She wants matching fingerless mittens. 

This is the Bandana Cowl which I made for my 8 yr old daughter. Her favorite color is blue, and I knew she'd like the shape of this. I liked making it, it was easy and it knit up pretty quickly. I used Wool Ease for this one. 


I made three Toboggan Noggins for my boys. I only got one photo, but you get the idea. I used Wool Ease and Vanna's Choice for them.  I added tassels and I think I modified the amount I cast on, but I don't remember. It's all a haze to me now. And I guess I'm not too attached because I'm pretty sure they will lose them in the near future. That's the way boys are! 

 I like this pattern because it  is open at the top and cinched with a string through eyelets. I crocheted a long chain and added small tassels at the end for fun. As you can see, it has many uses, even as a cowl if needed, or opened at the top if it gets too hot. His favorite color is orange, and this was the closest they had to that color. He likes it, right? 
So I had a busy December with lots of projects OTN. I keep wanting to cast on for other projects, but I really need to finish up the ones I already have. I think 2012 is going to be a productive year for me!


No comments: