Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween

Hi knitting friends. I've been doing other things, obviously. I don't like that I've abandoned you, but it is what it is.
Just thought I'd stop by and say hi. I guess that's good every now and then, right? I even have pics, but not of knitting content.
So we celebrated Halloween this year. It's the first time in at least 5 years that we have done so. The reasons for abstaining were no longer valid so we bit the bullet and took the kids trick or treating. Me and Hubby even went to a party all dressed up. It was fun and I was sorry about all the fun we had missed, but when you feel convinced to do something, it's the right thing (as long as it's legal and no one is getting hurt!)
Unfortunately, we decided at the last minute to "do" Halloween. I think it was Friday night that we both agreed, and of course we weren't going to buy 5 costumes.  So we winged it and I think it turned out OK.
 The two girls on the left are my neighbor's daughters. They didn't go with us, but we did run into them at the end of the night. All the costumes were last minute and pretty much just face paint and a prop. Except for Vann. He was a pumpkin. How cute!
 Jericho was  a cow. Sometime during the night he lost his ears and by the end he looked like a zombie. Not what we intended!
Vann the pumpkin. He had so much fun and he was so cute carrying his candy pumpkin holder, walking through the leaves. 
Xion wanted to be a lion. He looks very cute with his ears and face paint. He even had a tail attached to his pants! 
 Raynbe went as a princess. You can barely see her wings attached to her coat. But it's freezing here and we needed them!
It was cold on Sunday night. Freezing. The kids handled it ok but I was glad when it was over!
Here is a pic of me  at the Halloween party we went to on Saturday night. It was so much fun! I haven't dressed up in at least ummmm, sixteen years! I was thinking about what I had on hand to make into a costume and the idea just popped in my head. I was the landlady from Kung Fu Hustle. If you haven't seen the movie, you should. It's hilarious!

Here's a pic of me, hubby, MIL, and her parents.

It was a great time, and I'm glad we celebrated Halloween this year. Now I will have a whole year to come up with a better costume (or one that's more flattering!) and for the kids too.

No comments: