I haven't crafted much lately. Well, I have been working on a few projects. I am trying to get 3 UFO's done by the end of the month. I have one done, and am nearly done with #2. And I think I will be able to whip up #3 fairly quick. But I do know why they are UFO's. They get boring...and I have other stuff that NEEDS to be done.
I joined the At My House (yahoo group) Secret Buddy exchange again. So I am working on that. I made a list of items I would like to send. One of them is UFO #2 above. I am also working on a kitchen towel using Vineyard by Danielle Cote. So far it's turning out great. I will be bored by the end of it though, I can already tell. I would post the link, but you can NEVER get on her site. Maybe at 12:o1 am the first day of the month...maybe. It's a bandwidth issue.
But my desire to knit or crochet has severely waned. Maybe because I don't really need anything. I'm slowly clearing out my stash...but I spend most of my time on Ravelry, either looking at or reading about patterns. Or yarns, or needles, or hooks, or books....you get my drift. I could have those WIP's done if it weren't for Ravelry. Curse you!! But not really. I love that site. I would pay to keep my patterns and such. It's just so awesome. What did I do before Rav? What did I do before I could browse other people's FO's of a pattern I wanted to try, and read about their problems so I could avoid them? What oh what did I do?
Ok, on to some knitting content:
I won a contest in my Rav dishcloth exchange group. Sorry folks, you have to be a member to join this bi-monthly swap. Here's my prize:
Isn't it pretty? I love the way it was packaged up so nice and in my favorite color. Thanks, Renee!! The little jars on the bottom of the bag are soy cream body butter and shower parfait cream soap. Sounds yummy. And smells good too!
Here's another Market Bag I finished.
It fits into the palm of my hand, and is sooo cute. It's called the Berry Bag. Here it is unfolded:
Ok, so here's the mistakes I made. I used an F hook with WW cotton. Of course it's too small around. It's a thin tube. I can barely fit a box of club crackers in there. Might make a good produce bag. The pattern calls for 2 colors. I had 2 skeins of yarn. Not enough. I had just enough for the handle and the tie, but barely. I'm making another one, using an H with 2 different colors. I hope this one will turn out bigger.
So that's about all the crafting I've been doing. I am thinking of making myself a Granny Afghan in pinks and reds, but I won't start that until at least mid-August.
Here's a meme I found online. Ten on Tuesday:
10 Least Favorite Celebrities:
1. Britney Spears. Is anyone else tired of her train-wreck of a life? There are more important things going on besides knowing if she's wearing underwear, partying with Paris, or lugging her kids around ordering Taco Bell.
2. Sean Young. I saw her on David Letterman years back and have not liked her since.
3. Ann Heche. She is a mess as well. She only became famous because she was Ellen's lover. Now she's divorced and shacking up with her co-star. Her poor kid!! Some things people will do to gain fame.
4. Oprah Winfrey. Gasp! I'm ready for the hatemail!! She does good stuff, but I think it's a bit phoney. I don't subscribe to the church of Oprah!
5. Mel Gibson. After his anti-Semitic drunken rampage, I feel his Hollywood career is over. I can't support any actor who openly hates Jews that much.
6. Amy Winehouse. She may be a good singer, but what a mess. What is up with all these young people going crazy after fame? I mean, there are those who stay on the straight and narrow so I don't get it. And what makes it worse is that young children look up to these stars, who make horrible role models.
7. Denise Richards. I think she's trying to get more fame. She sucked in the Bond movie. I think she should stick to Playboy and Porn, and give Charlie the kids.
That's all I can think of for now. I guess it's harder to come up with those you can't stand. I could list my 10 faves easily, #1 being James McAvoy!
That's it for today. Hopefully I will have more knitting or something to show later this week.