1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
My favorite yarn right now would be cotton. I don't like big bulky acrylic yarns like Homespun.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a very nice handmade knitting needle roll made by a friend, but I throw all my needles in the bottom of my knitting bag....
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for about 1.5 yrs. I am self taught, using DVD's and of course the internet! I have tried pretty much everything, but not too much clothing...so I would consider myself intermediate to advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do. It's here.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I really like lavender and citrus scents, nothing too overpowering or flowery.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Milk chocolate. Dove.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
No other crafts, since I can barely afford knitting, LOL. I have toyed with the idea of spinning..
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like Christian rock/pop like the Newsboys. I also like stuff from my generation: Nirvana, Toadies, Bush, early 00's late 90's. Also a sucker for anything 80's, and of course the classics like Aerosmith, The Who, etc.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I'm loving pink right now. Especially the darker shades, like dusty rose. I also like bright neon pink. There are no colors I do not like, except maybe orange, but I do like bright orange!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Happily married, 6 kids, no pets (unless hubby and kids count?)
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I really really want too, but I am such a warm blooded person that extra layers do not last long. My head is either too large or I have to much hair to wear hats comfortably. So, scarves and fingerless gloves in the winter, when the wind chill is below 0.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love making bags and dishcloths. I also have a scarf OTN. Quick small items I can finish in a few or less days, since my attention span does not last too long.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Hmmm, dishcloths, a scarf, socks (hibernating) a shawl, a lapghan
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Those are the best kind!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I am a weird knitter, being self taught and all. I don't like circular needles since my yarn seems to get tangled in the cables. I prefer bamboo since they seem the lightest. Plastic needles?? Only in a pinch.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
On my wish list.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
about a year
18. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday! Really, it would be Valentine's day (my birthday is the day before)
19. Is there anything that you collect?
not really, though I can never have enough writing utensils.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Books: on my wish list. I really want some stitch books. I want to have a subscription to clothes line ezine. Yarns: all kinds. The list would really be way to long. I need yarn that is washable and soft. And colorful. Needles: I love knitpicks harmony needles.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Shaping for clothing. I can make sweaters for the kids, but it kind of intimidates me, especially seaming. I am a lousy seamer.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I want to be a sock knitter. I have made exactly 1.5 pairs of socks, and am learning to do 2 socks on 2 circs. I tried magic loop, but found it too tedious, manipulating the yarn all over the cable. DPN's are fine, but then I run into 2nd sock syndrome. I have the average woman's foot.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?