Saturday, April 5, 2008

A rant and some FO's

I have a little rant before I get to showing you my FO's for this week. It's kind of a spoiled thing, and not really important. In fact, if you want, you can skip these first paragraphs and go right to the pics below. If not, I warned  you!!

So here goes. I belong to several Yahoo groups, as do most of us. I have even had to go and change some of my groups to digest because of the high amount of mail. That is not my problem. When you join a group, all you have to do is look at the little calendar at the bottom of the page and see  how many messages are in a month. And yeah, if there's like 500+, and it's only the 15th, I will definitely go digest. One of my favorite groups is like that. You can scroll down, and choose what you want to read. Who has time to read all those messages anyway? Especially when lots of them are replies to other messages, like "I like your work", or "thanks" or  "looking for a pattern" (which makes me ask why can't they type it in Google first, then ask later? But maybe they do? I don't know!)

Ok, so here's my rant. When people post to groups, why can't they check their messages before sending them? Just a quick read through to make sure all important words are there and that it flows and makes sense. Spelling mistakes I can understand, but it drives me nuts when people post gibberish. I mean, when I can't figure out what they are trying to say. Whole words are left out, the sentences don't make sense, and you are left scratching your head and wondering what is going on. I am not perfect, and I do make mistakes. But I seriously had to try and decipher at least 5 posts that made no sense. How hard is it to take an extra minute before hitting send and just do a quick re-read of what you wrote? Come on people, if you took the time to write the post, take the time to check it!!

RANT'S OVER!!!

Sorry about that, I just had to get that off my chest. I guess I'm just having a bad day. It must be this killer headache.

Here's the goodies. 

bunny

Isn't he cute? In case you're wondering, this is supposed to be a bunny. I had to stick the carrot in there for a reference point. The pattern came from here.  Mine don't really look like hers, but this is my first toy that I ever made, plus it's crochet. I hurt my wrist last night, I was pulling the stitches tight because I am a very loose crocheter. And I discovered I can't embroider worth a damn. I tried to give this poor guy a mouth, but it just didn't work out. I had the same problem when I tried to make little skulls on a hat. Long story. Anyway, he's cute, but I don't know if I'll make another one any time soon.

Poicketbook  Slippers 1

Pocketbook Slippers designed by Lisa and Alli of knitwits heaven. I love this quick and easy pattern, plus it's genius! They don't look like much, and my kids were wondering how they "worked". So  I had to put them on to show them.

Pocketbook slippers 2

I still may add a button. (Ignore my swollen bloated leg, I just had a baby. ) Or another embellishment, as long as it isn't embroidery. These are soft and comfy. I used Caron Simply Soft.

I also joined a few more groups in the past week or so. Ilovekandcalongs is a spin off of the now defunct shawl kal. I like this group since they offer both knit and crochet alongs, and they are projects broken down into daily bits to take a month to finish. So this month we are dong a crochet afghan. The ripple won the vote, but the Pineapple blanket came in 2nd. I am doing the pineapple. I started mine on the 4th, so I am all caught up now. We are only doing about 3 rows a day, so it is VERY manageable, and won't become a UFO unless I don't keep up with my 3 rows a day. Here's a pic of what I have done so far. 

P:ineapple blanket 1

The pattern is called Pretty Pink Pineapples. I had some peach-ish stuff in my stash from my grandmother. I hope I have enough to finish! This is rows 1-14, though I left out row 7 and didn't discover it until I got to row 13. Oh well, I am not ripping back all those rows! You really can't notice it, unless you are really looking.

The other group I joined is called KnittingTime. As a thank you, the owner designed dishcloths with our names.  How cool! Here is my name in a bright pink dishcloth.

003

Can you see it? My hubby saw it when I showed it to him.

I'm still working on my Seraphim shawl and the big baby blanket, but I ran out of yarn for those. I did pick up another skein of yarn for my seraphim shawl. My MIL is coming back into town in about a month, so I want to have it done by then. She cleaned out my basement when she was here and I was still pregnant on bedrest with high blood pressure. It hasn't been cleaned in the year and a half we lived here, so she deserves something!

I'm also working on a lighter baby blanket, but am in no real hurry since I will run out of yarn for that one  too. I am on a very limited budget right now, so I have to watch what I spend my money on. It's a dilemma: cotton or acrylic? Dishcloths or bigger projects? Hmmm, takes some thinking about. Have a good weekend!

No comments: