Thursday, April 10, 2008

A baby gift

After finally making a knitting group meeting in about 6 or so months, I went to show off the newest addition. I was pleasantly surprised by a gift from Vicki. Here is what she knitted for the little guy:

Vann's sweater from Vicki

Isn't it  cute? It might not fit for awhile, but it might, since he's growing like a weed! Thanks for the gift, Vicki.

I've been working on an afghan, and pretty  much sticking with it. I've also started on the KAL for KnittingTime yahoo group. It's going to be a table runner when it's done. I decided to use a brown WW acrylic, since that's all I had in my stash, and it's turning out pretty good so far, but I'm only about 40 rows in. I can definitely see the pattern popping out and I'm using size 5 needles. I will post a pic once there's more to see.

I'm thinking about making 2 lapghans or babyghans in the next few days or so. I have to decide on what color combo to use. I think for the round Jacob's ladder I will use a pink and cream mixture, and the other round one I will use Bernat baby coordinates in  a blue/green combo for the little guy. You can't have too many baby blankets. The round Jacob's ladder will go to my secret pal I am making things for. I won't go into too much detail in case the secret pal is reading my blog!

I got my Potholder exchange from Aggie. It's hosted by the At My House yahoo group. I love that group! Here's what she sent me:

April potholder swap

Isn't the angel adorable? I love the pastel colors of the yarn she used. The potholder in back is huge! It's doubled, so it's nice and thick too. My hubby could have used this the other day instead of burning his fingers. Oh well.

Here's some more of my quick FO's.

Outrigger CC

Outrigger CC, designed my Maile. I love her patterns on K1P1 website. She is so talented. I had to end this one a little short, and had just enough to do my border and bind off, with about 24in. left.

April 1 KAL Spring Meadows

A lot of you have done this one for the April 1 KAL from Monthly dishcloths. I usually don't do the KAL's until I've seen them first, but there was much chatter about the bobbles, so I gave it a try. I am glad I did. I love the creativity of this pattern and also it's simplicity. This was designed by Lindy, and is called The Meadow. 020 This is the Squidge cloth. It turned out huge, and I thought it would never end. You can't tell by the pic, but the pattern is full of texture. I really like it, but next time will probably use a larger needle so it goes faster.

v stitch potholder

Last, my V stitch potholder. This is doubled so it's nice and thick. It turned out nice.  I like making potholders. They seem to go much faster than dishcloths and are just as useful.

Here's pic to get you through your day. He's 18 months, and a total ham. Gotta love him!

Vann 007

No comments: