I joined another KAL/Swap. Am I crazy or what? You have until midnight, EST, tonight, to join. It seems like tons of fun, and we're exchanging a felted bag stuffed with goodies. What could be more simple and fun? If you read this before the deadline, cruise on over and take a look. Here's the link.
On to the questions:
- Do you knit, crochet, or do both? For how long? I both knit and crochet. I have been knitting for about a year, and crocheting for about half that. I'm no expert in either, however.
- What other crafts do you do, if any? Well, I have lots of interest, but little time or money to invest. I am thinking about digital scrapbooking and other paper crafts, but as of right now, nope.
- What are your favorite colors? Colors you loathe? I don't have favorites anymore. I seem to change with the seasons. I was liking earthy tones over the winter, but am now drawn to bright springy colors, with vibrancy. There are no colors I loathe, and I especially like weird or unexpected combinations.
- Favorite yarn brands? Fiber types? Yarn you can't stand? Don't have a fav brand, but I really like Cherry Tree Hill for socks, so soft and yummy. I have only pretty much used cotton, wool, and acrylic so far. I am definitely NOT a yarn snob, especially if the yarn is soft and easy to work with. I can say I don't like bulky yarn too much, and really don't like yarns like Light and Lofty (too hard to work with/splitty)
- What is your favorite type of item to knit/crochet? I am on a dishcloth kick. I can make a few easy while watching TV at night, they make great gifts, and the yarn is very inexpensive. Besides that, socks are fun, I am learning to do 2 socks on 2 circs, and I love lapghans.
- What kind of needles do you like? I prefer bamboo straights to anything else. Then would come bamboo circs. Aluminum seem to heavy for me, maybe because they are too long in the size I need. I also like my Baylene needles from Hobby Lobby.
- Any knitting tools you lack but crave? I guess a person can't have too many needles. I do need a set in each size, I believe. Nothing else, really....
- Patterns you've been dying to get but haven't yet? I really wanted to do the felted clogs by Bev Galsaskas, but the season for that is about up by now. I want the chicken potholder from Annie's Attic and some other dishcloths by Leisure Arts, I think.
- Do you drink coffee, tea, cocoa? Flavors you love/hate? I drink coffee daily (less than a cup) and tea when I am sick. If it's cold out, I'll enjoy a nice cuppa hot chocolate at bedtime, it helps with the chocolate craving and warms me up! I hate hazelnut!!! I love anything raspberry or mint, especially if mixed with chocolate.
- Favorite sweets & snacks? I love chocolate!! I especially like Dove, it's so smooth and creamy. I don't like hard candy of any kind.
- Any pets, kids, spouses? Spouses that act like pets or kids? (j/k) Happily married to a wonderful man. I have 5 kids, my 6th (and last!!) due by March 24th but hopefully sooner. No pets anymore, though we did have a cute dog, but it just got to be too much!
- Favorite things to knit/crochet for the above, if applicable? My hubby let me knit him a scarf this winter. My kids always want I am making. I made a blanket for son #2 (he's 3), several hats, a pair of fingerless mitts, scarves...It gets frustrating when you see your handiwork laying on the floor, or the dog using it as a bed!
- What kinds of books do you like to read? Favorite authors or genres? I am a voracious reader...when I can! I love nonfiction books, psychology or psychology related (I'm on a serial killer kick, like how and why they do that), crime books, history. I will read a novel, but find myself more and more picky since my time is precious and I don't want to waste it on a dumb story with poor writing.
- Do you collect anything? (besides yarn! LOL!) I can't collect anything, sigh. Too many young kids wanting to break my stuff. Maybe when they are older...
- What, if any, are your non-craft related hobbies? I like to read. I like to play Soduku and surf the internet.
- Scents you adore? Scents that make you gag? I have a strong sense of smell (my oldest calls me a bloodhound) so I prefer clean subtle scents. I like flowery scents that are not too strong. Scents that make me gag are ones that trail behind a person five minutes after they are gone! Subtlety is the key!!!
- What is your idea of a relaxing time? No kids, quiet, no interruptions...like the calgon commercial of the woman in the bathtub, but I would be on the couch, knitting, with a nice cup of something hot and a good show on.
- Oh yeah, are you on Ravelry and if so, care to share your Ravelry ID? I am on Ravelry. My ID is: AnitaO.