Monday, January 14, 2008

Another pictureless post

But at least I'm blogging. I am going to lose this computer access at my Dad's house soon. Within a week, probably. Which means less acess to the internet, since I will have to visit the library, which I only do about once a week or so, and then I only get an hour. So I can check e-mail and surf Ravelry, or blog. No contest there. You may not here from me for another month.

I made the Baby Yoda Jacket found here. I didn't check guage, so it turned out pretty large. I would say it's probably a six month on up. It almost fits my one year old! I used Caron Simply Soft in gray, some leftover stuff I had laying around. This was just a practice run. I will definitely make another one, in better yarn, with the proper guage. So it will fit my baby whenever he comes. Of course, there is nothing wrong with acrylic, especially when you are talking about a baby, (since they grow so fast and I don't have the budget to spend tons of money on expensive yarn that might get ruined...) I might try and knit this in Sinfonia, if it ever goes on sale again. I think that will be the perfect lightness for an early spring day...

I am still working on my 3 projects. I almost broke down and bought some yarn for another project, but then I'd be breaking my "resolution" for January. The feather and fan scarf/stole is taking forever. I knit at least 10 repeats the last two days, and it did not seem to get any longer. I had to restart my Horseshoe Cable afghan. It took me 4 times to get the first row done right. I almost gave up, but I wrote the pattern out line for line, and it is going good. I don't think I am going to have enough yarn for the triple knotted fringe. I don't think I'm going to have enough yarn to even finish it to the lenght I want, but we'll see. I guess I'm just a loose knitter...

Which brings me to EZ. I borrowed Knitting Without Tears from the library. I love it!! I may just have to buy it. So guess what I did? I hunted through my "stash" and found a skein of random acrylic, and am working on a seamless raglan for my youngest. Actually, after I seamed up the sleeves on the Baby Yoda, I wanted to cry, scream, and cuss (and I may have!) because it looked like my 7 yr old did the seaming. Yes, it was that bad. I had to put it down and walk away. I think I even ate a bag of Dove chocolate to calm down. I was then very thankful that I used acrylic on that sweater...but all the work I did. Most of the day Saturday and Sunday, just knitting, for what? Pieces of fabric I could do nothing with. Anyway, to make a long story shorter, I read in Knitting Without Tears, EZ's sage advice about seaming. And I tried it, and it worked!! Still not perfect, since I am a novice at seaming, but tons better. I only had to rip out the seaming. That's all.

So now I am working on a seamless sweater. Hopefully it will turn out ok. But I think it will. I'm about 1/3 of the way done with the body below the armpit. And I just started it this morning.

Guess that's about it for now. I may have to get a computer before March. We'll see. Not having internet is about killing me. Try it for one day, and see how batty you go. I sometimes just sit in the computer chair, and look at my monitor, dark and lonely...Sorry, too much information.

Hopefully I will be able to upload a few pics before I lose this connection next week.

1 comment:

Briley said...

Anita, I'm glad you are still posting. It's nice to hear about how you are doing! I hope you get a computer soon.