Monday, October 22, 2007

SP11 Goodies and FO's

I got my October Package from my SP11 Partner on Saturday. I had to take a pic immediately since it was mostly edibles, and this lovely skien of yarn:



I will show a full pic of what I received in a minute. I was waiting on the mail, since I knew it was coming on Saturday. It was about 2 pm, and I kept wondering if we missed the mailman somehow. So I finally gave up, thinking I was going to get it on Monday instead. Well, we decided to go out, and as we were leaving our house, I saw the mailman across the street!! I tried to see if he had a package in his hand, but no luck. Upon my arrival back home, there it was! I got my package!! It was like Christmas, with everything wrapped separately in its own tissue paper. I had to threaten my kids not to touch until I took a pic. So here it is:


A nice card, lots o candy, that gorgeous skein of yarn, a mini emory board, some chapstick, and the cutest pumpkin soap ever! So this was another good exchange round for me!! Yeah, partner. Thanks so much, and I hope you are getting as spoiled as I am!

On to other news.

I crocheted a scarf today. It went very fast, it's very skinny, and very long. Here's what it looks like.

I used Caron Simply Soft in gray and pink. It's kinda hard to tell the colors here. Oh, the wonders of technology. It took about 5 hours to crochet. Here' s the link:
Simple Stripes Skinny Scarf

Don't really know what I am going to do with another scarf....hopefully some relative will see it and want it.

I also completed two dishcloths in the past week. I did another garterlac yesterday:

I really like the color of this yarn. It's PnC Licorice. Really a black and white, with grays mixed in. I am thinking of making a garterlac baby blanket with this very color. They say blacks and whites are the best colors for newborns anyway, and since the kid won't be born until late March, cotton is the perfect choice!

And here is Lilacs on the Veranda that I made for the At My House dishcloth swap. It's done in PnC Camel. I really like the color, and was thinking of making the yoda wrap for baby in it. I was thinking this color could be either male or female, what do you think?



I have been working somewhat hard on my baby blanket. It's just so tedious! Back and forth, knit and purl....Same with the ripple. I really want to get it done by the cold weather, but I don't know. Instead of working on it, I cast on another project. I am trying to clear out my stash so I can get more yarn. I have told my hubby what I want to do, but he thinks acrylic will felt up! Boy, those non-knitters don't know a thing, LOL. So to justify getting more yarn, I have to use up some of what I already have. I wont' be able to build my stash until I get a job of my own, or we suddenly become independently wealthy. It really makes you think, when you see yarn that you want, if you have a project in mind for it. I have at least 4 skeins of Red Heart Sport in Aran fleck that I need to get rid of. I am making a pair of fingerless gloves right now. They are the endless garter stitch...we'll see how far they go.

It's finally getting cooler around here. The tree in my backyard is stubbornly holding onto its green leaves. I am ready for the trees to change, seriously. It will be a very weird Halloween with a full tree of green leaves...not that we have any shortage of leaves in our yard. Our side of the block is a virtual forest!

As soon as I know the sex of my baby, I will post and let you all know. Should be soon, probably the first week or so of November. I am getting excited about that too. Then I can finally start my baby knitting!!! Lots o patterns on Ravelry for that!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well its nice to know that I have you stalking your mail man, LOL!!! Enjoy!!

Your SP 11 Spoiler :o)

DawnK said...

What a pretty scarf! I love the verandah dishcloth and someday I'm going to have to try entrelac or garterlac! LOL! It looks cool!