Friday, October 5, 2007

I have no new pictures to show....have to get caught up on that. It seems that all of my projects are taking forever to get done!!!

I am working, albeit slowly, on my Asherton Scarf. It's so much nicer than the picture gives it credit for. It's very textured and interesting, and the pattern is very easy. I've already used up one skein of yarn, and am on the second. Hopefully it will be enough to get it finished. I have about one week left, so I really need to get trucking on it, and whip it out.

I also joined two dishcloth exchanges, one for the At My House group, and the other for Fall into Autumn exchange. I have one dishcloth I just need to weave in the end for. I think I'll send that one to my AMH partner, and then I can whip another one up for my dishcloth swap partner.


I've been working on the Deckle Edge Scarf, the KAL for the new group Ilovekcalongs, designed by Liz Hanson, a very talented designer, I must say. I just saw pics of the finished scarf, and it's gorgeous. I may have to frog and restart on circs, but I think it's well worth it. I may have to do an Asherton set for one of my kids as well.

My 14 yr old wants a hat. I need to find the skull pattern and knit it up for him. I don't know if it's felted or not, must check on that. I may even make a matching scarf, but only if he'll wear it. I'm not wasting my time knitting things people don't appreciate.

I crocheted a doily the last two days. It was fun, but for some reason, it seemed very large. Plus, I messed up some. Now my kids wear it as a hat, and it's cute. I don't mind though, because making it was like a joke. It's an inside joke between me and my husband, and when I showed him he just rolled his eyes. I want to make about a dozen and hand them on the walls. I think it'd be really funny.

I got my invite to Ravelry last night. I didn't join until this morning because I didnt' want to be up all night checking it out. From what I have heard, people get sucked in and wind up spending hours on it. So I did it first thing this am, and boy, is it fun. For those of you who want to look me up, I'm AnitaO over there. It is kind of intimidating. Kinda like, holy cow, where do I begin??? So I just did my profile and searched for a few people I know, and looked at some groups. I think this is a huge thing, and the creators are genius!

So after being on Ravelry, I have more inspiration to knit. I have not felt in the mood for much of anything lately, but the bug is biting yet again. I may even go to my local Fiber Frolic and take pics to post (for points for KnitWars, which I have neglected badly!) There's also a new LYS pretty close to me. I'm kinda excited about going to check it out. I need to get a few balls of Linen or maybe hemp for dishcloths.

So that's about it for now. We are looking at record hight temps (again!!) for the next few days. I thought summer was over. Plus, the humidity is coming back. Man, this sucks. I am so tired of heat, humidity, and mosquitoes. Well, in a few months, I'll be complaining about the cold..go figure.

No comments: