Monday, October 1, 2007

Dishcloth Swap Topic, knitting related news (or not!)

Thank goodness for the dishcloth swap topic of the week. If not for that, my blog would be seriously un-updated. On the knitting front, I have lost all desire to knit. I have been working on 2 scarves and a ripple...which sit there forlorn and lonely, asking when they will be finished. Well, one scarf has to be done within the next week or so, for another exchange. And then I signed up for a different dishcloth exchange, but all that is required is a dishcloth...which I already have. What is up with the zero lack of ambition to do ANYTHING??? It's so sad, our clothes are piled up to the ceiling because the thought of going into the basement just seems like to much work. Is there such a thing as pre-natal depression? Prozac for the pregnant mom?

Well at least it's October, and the weather has cooled down considerably. I am so glad this pregnancy will take place in the winter. I tend to be a warm person anyway, and as I write this, a nice cool breeze is drifting through my window as I sit in shorts and a T-shirt. My husband would be frozen out, and my kids probably are too, LOL. Ok with this in mind, here's the topic of this week for the dishcloth exchange:

Are there any recipes you especially enjoy having in the Fall? Any foods that are seasonal that you especially enjoy?

I guess just being able to bake in my kitchen without having the whole house be over 90 degrees is a treat. I can now make baked food: chicken, lasagna, casseroles. I love casseroles. Just dump a bunch of ingredients into the pan, stick it in the oven, and let it cook for an hour or two. Minimal effort and the outcome is (usually) pretty good! I have made a few doozies before, but not very many.
I guess my favorite warm-into-cold weather food would be a big bowl of vegetable beef stew (Not from a can!!!) with a big ol' slice of buttered homemade bread to dip. MMMM, maybe for dinner tonight! Nothing beats the soup and bread meal in my mind. And also, there's chili. It can be made as simple as you want (cans of beans, corn, etc.) or more complicated and it usually turns out yummy, but you can't forget the corn bread! Chili is not chili without corn bread! I guess I'm a dipper, love to dip bread into saucy juicy things..but not really a bread eater. Anyway, enough of the food topic, I'm getting hungry!

So I should be off to finish this scarf, should only take a few days of knitting, and maybe a few dishcloths. I may try intarsia this week, but not sure if I'm up for the challenge. I really don't feel like knitting a whole lot....oh well. Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MMmmm good thing my dinner is in the oven about to come out, because reading about stew and buttered bread certainly made me hungry!!

Your SP 11 Pal