Sunday, September 2, 2007

Fall into Autumn Dishcloth Exchange

Yeah, I'm definitely feeling better! I joined another anonymous swap. So here's the questionnaire for that swap.

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?
I do both, somewhat well. I just made 3 crochet hats, and am currently on a scarf kick.

2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?
I belong to several dishcloth groups, so yeah, I make dishcloths, though not recently. I have kept most of them, traded some in swaps, and given a few away.

3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?
I've only used mainly PnC and SnC, and mercerized cotton (Paton's Grace and Sinfonia) I do have some Cottontots that I used for swaps (don't think I can spend that kind of money on myself for dishes, LOL) I guess I prefer thiner, smaller cloths, so Grace or Sinfonia would be my favorite. Nothing I'm really dying to try....

4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?
I prefer straight needles. It seems that I'm always shifting the yarn around on circs. So far, I love my bamboo needles, but don't have any good ones to compare metal too (Addi's or Options)

5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?
My alltime favorite color is purple, and any shade of it that exists. I also like pink, the dusty rose color, but I also like green and orange. I'm leaning toward neutral colors lately, but I like rich vibrant colors as well.

6. What do you like best about Autumn?
I think this is my favorite season. It signals the end, but also a new beginning. Soon, the heat of summer passes, and you can look forward to the chill of winter. There's always the promise of newness in fall....also the Jewish holiday Sukkot is celebrated in Autumn, and that is a simply awesome holiday that promises the return of Jesus!

7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!
Are you going to send me one, LOL! NO really, I do like pie. Fruit pie. Pumpkin is not my favorite, but apple, cherry, blueberry, peach is.

8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?
I love school and still do. Something about the smell of the cafeteria, the sounds of pencils scratching on paper, the challenge of getting the algebra problem right. Yep, I looked forward to school.


9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap)
I do not celebrate Halloween, and my kids don't either. We usually go out to eat, (away from the house). The kids don't seem to mind too much, and I save loads on costumes and candy! (But that's not the reason!!!)

10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?
As long as it has chocolate in it, I don't care!!! Milk chocolate, with peanut butter. Yummy!!

11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)
I have a full house. 5 kids, working on #6= due in March, hubby, dog, hamster, fish.

12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?
I don't know that much about yarn. I just started knitting in Jan of this year, and have used mostly acrylic, with some cotton. So I'll describe myself, and YOU match the yarn type:
dependable, punctual, somewhat hard working, and honest, and oh yeah, a good sense of humor. What kind of yarn would that be???

13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?
So far, I have not used any as facecloths. It seems the cotton I use is too heavy for that. Face cloths should be soft with lots of texture.

14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)
Since we don't do Halloween, by default it's Thanksgiving. I love the food. The gathering of families where you put aside any differences over pie... if only for a short while. Watching the kids play together, getting caught up on family gossip. Yeah, Thanksgiving is a great holiday!


15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?
No allergies, no aversions.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good blog, like kirai's one!

Besos from Spain :)

Natalie Rush said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! I'm excited about the "Fall into Autumn" Dishcloth Swap!! I also participate in the Monthly Dishcloth knit-along. I like your background on your blog.