1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like pretty much everything. Since I am an "advanced beginner", I don't know tons about fiber. I knit lots of dishcloths (cotton) and socks (superwash wool) and I also don't mind acrylic. I guess what I wouldn't like would be the fancy eyelash stuff. Have no use for it!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I knitted up a needle roll for my DPN's and I received a Needle roll from a friend as part of an exchange.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I answered this in #1. I learned to knit in January of 2007 from a DVD, then picked the rest up from the internet: knittinghelp.com. I consider myself an "advanced beginner", meaning I can do the basics,plus a little more. Still working on alternative cast on and bind off's ....
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No wish list right now.
5. What's your favorite scent?
Hmmm. I love lilacs. I like the ocean. Pretty much anything except pine
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, in fact I do. I love love love chocolate. But I'm a chocolate snob. M&M's don't do it for me. Maybe Dove...Can't stand hard candy or fruit candy.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I crochet some...besides that, my kids take up most of my time. I will learn to spin, but as of right now, can't do it.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Music....it can't be too disctracting, so techno is good, as long as there isn't too many words. I also listen to classic rock and Christain (Love the Newsboys). I was a teen in the early 90's, so anything grungy from that era (Nirvana, Pearl Jam, STP) is good too.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I am leaning towards green and orange lately. I like bright colors, but don't mind darker ones, either. My kids love purple and blue. So I'm pretty open to anything. There's nothing I can't stand.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am happily married with 5 kids and a bun in the oven! We have a dog and a hamster.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Can't stand to have anything on my head..makes me itch. I would wear a scarf if I had one! And sometimes I wear mittens/gloves.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I am on a sock and scarf craze.
13. What are you knitting right now?
OTN: 2 scarves, socks, a baby blanket, a shawl...
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I think those are the best kind!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
WELL...wanting to learn magic loop, so at least one looong circular, but besides that I prefer bamboo DPN's.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Hmmm...about 3 months or so. When I first learned to knit,I started on this baby blanket, but that got put down, and frogged after the kids played in the yarn.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Would love a subscription to ClothesLineE-zine. I covet a 30-40 inch circular from knit-picks so I can do magic loop. Yarn...hmmm maybe some gorgeous sock yarn from Thankewe etsy shop or some Cherry Tree Hill.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I do need to branch out some...wold love to make sweaters for my kids. I need to learn different cast on methods and maybe even...Intarsia!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I am a sock knitter. I have average size feet...ankle is about 8 3/4 inches, my foot is about 8 inches, is that all you need?
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
I just signed up. It will probably be out of beta before I get an invite :(