I've gotten some dishcloths done and a the Dream Swatch Hair Scarf. I think it will go to my daughter, since anything on my head makes me itch. So why did I make the thing? Because I got a very very good deal on a ball of Sinfonia in this awesome color that I really really love...and I've had my eye on that Hair Scarf for awhile. Sooo, I made it. A very very quick knit, even on size 3 needles. Though at one point, it seemed like it would take forever.
I am currently working on another pair of socks and a baby blanket for a baby shower in a few weeks. So the question is, is it possible that I can get this done in two weeks? Should I even try? Are my expectations so far out there that it's ridiculous? I've never made a baby blanket before. I'm using the yarn that I got for my fish (which I've scapped) I tried the pinwheel blanket, but I could not keep it straight for the life of me. Knit a few rounds, rip back a few rounds. I'd find a spot where I forgot to YO or the YO was in the wrong spot...ah, the joys of knitting. Anyway, I've decided to scrap that one, too. so I found one kind of like the "pie wedge" round dishcloths, but I don't like it so far. So I'm going to try another one instead....Maybe this blanket will never get made, since I can't even decide on a pattern!
The dishcloths I've made are from Cloth of the Week. This is such a unique group. Not only is there a weekly cloth pattern, but the owners: Maile and Maggie, write up tutorials on how to do these new stitches. Which is great! I leaned how to wrap and turn...So here are the cloths I've completed:
Here's the head scarf.
In other news, I've been tagged. Sorry Brian, it took me so long. I've been avoiding doing any kind of "work" in days. Knitting is not work, cause it's enjoyable. but you know, dishes, housework, cooking, cleaning, etc.
I am not going to tag anyone else. Not in the mood to go looking for blogs who have not been tagged, since I'm extremely lazy lately. But I will answer the questions, and everyone reading this: You're it!
Six strange or weird things about me:
1. I have recently fallen in love with the color orange. Especially orange and pink. Very weird.
2. I just celebrated my 4th wedding anniversary. I wanted to get married in Vegas, but his mom (and him, single child) insisted on a real wedding. It was beautiful, held at sunset by a nice pond. We even had floating candles!
3. All of my sons' names come from the Bible: Kaleb, Xion, and Jericho. Yes, I try to be unique, and changed up the spelling of the names, but the meanings remain. And funny thing, the names do match. Jericho's screams can bring down walls! Xion is built like a mountain, and Kaleb is very noble and brave, a 14 yr old who tells the truth!
4. I love doing puzzle games online, especially Soduku and MahJongg. I can spend hours and hours playing these games.
5. I've never broken a bone or sprained an ankle. The only time I've ever been in the hospital as a patient is when I was giving birth!
6. When I was a kid, we raised chickens for food. I helped to clean them, meaning de-feathering and cleaning gizzards (I refused to pull the guts out!) That's an experience, watching be-headed chickens go crazy. If you let go of their feet, they'll run around.
Ok, enough of that! Since I'm talking about Brian, I want to post about the special bookmark design contest he is having. The winner will get their own Hand-made needle roll. If you haven't seen one of these, they are truly truly great! The rules are posted on his blog, which can be found here.
That's it for the update! Have a good week.