Monday, June 18, 2007

Where Have I Been?

Yikes! It's been almost 2 weeks since I last posted anything! Where have I been? What have I been doing?

Well, mostly trying to stay as cool as possible. Which involves going over to my Dad's house and hanging out. (He has a nice big pool and central air, both of which I lack) I take my knitting with me, and then some, but I hardly ever work on it. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's just too hot. Maybe I've lost interest GASP!!! for now. It's coming back, slowly, but it seems lately knitting has become more of a chore than fun. I think it may be that I took on too many big projects. How much can a person knit anyway? I know most of you would say lots, if you had the time. But that's all I have, and like anything else you do lots of, it tends to get a bit boring or tedious.

I am working on the Pacific Waves Shawl. I am a week behind. I only did one row last week, and the first week, I was done by Wednesday. Now I have to play catch-up. Every time I thought about pulling out the poor shawl, I dreaded it. Too many stitches. In my mind, it seemed to take forever just to get through a knit row. It became this big THING I felt obligated to knit. Only because I bought a bunch of yarn for it, and if I don't finish, my husband won't take my knitting as seriously. So there, I HAVE to finish, and in a timely manner.

I am also doing the Mystery Shawl from the Shawls and Scarves ETC. group. I am behind in that, but only by one row. Last week was really hot....didn't feel like knitting a whole lot. But last night I got caught up on my Scarf from said group, which I was only 4 repeats behind. But at least I'm caught up.

Just started doing the Fish along from the group Bits and Bobs. I know, it's supposed to be a scarp yarn thing, but I don't have enough scrap yarn to make many fish for an afghan. So I had to go out and get some yarn. Am I breaking the rules? I only bought 4 skeins, all of which I intend to use for this project. I will post pics as time progresses.

That's about it. Besides working on my shawls and my afghans, and my Dad's ripple, I am not knitting a whole lot. I will be starting a sock KAL in July. I have to find some inexpensive yarn to work with, and a very attractive yet easy pattern. I have only knitted one sock so far (not a pair...one lonely sock).

Here's a pic of my WIP's. As you can see, I have 3 of them out....and not working on a single one!!!

No comments: