Friday, March 8, 2013

March March March

I hate coming up with titles of posts. If I wait until the end, I forget.

It's been awhile, but I have been knitting. I like to take more than one photo and post it. So my FO's seem to build up and I seem very productive :)

I am still working on my Simple Lines shawl from January. I really need to just finish it. It's just the edging and I can be done with it. I made a Molly hat, but I ran out of yarn near the end. I went to my LYS to see if they had the same yarn and sadly they did not. The owner advised me to frog the whole hat and restart on smaller needles. She said it'd be worth it, and I totally agree, since I am a loose knitter and usually go down a needle size anyway. Except on this hat. I have it where I can see it everyday, and soon I will finish it. Hopefully in a marathon knitting session.

I am working on the Jeweled Cowl, and so far I really like how it's turning out. The yarn is a pastel pink and purple, not really my colors, but they are knitting up nicely. The cowl is beaded, another first for me. I must say adding beads is a fiddly time consuming process, fortunately it's only 14 beads every other row. There are 200 stitches around, though, so it does take some time. I am trying to be monogamous to this project so it doesn't become a UFO. I hate those (like Simple Lines!)

I finished two cowls and need to block and photograph them. I also finished a hat. My daughter wore it before I could get pics, and now it's MIA. At least I have a good idea of where it is, it's just not here for me to get a photo of.

I have several projects lined up as well. Two shawls for March and a hat. I need to get knitting so I can add these projects to my project page on Ravelry. I would love to have more FOs than in my queue. Lofty goal I know, since I keep adding projects!

Next post will feature some photos of FO's.

No comments: