Friday, May 22, 2009

Hats and Dishcloths

I’ve been on a hat craze lately. As you can see from my last post I’ve been trying to make them. Here’s a hat fail that I thought would be a cute slouchy hat for me:

005

As you can see, it looks cute on my one year old. Kinda looks like a mushroom. Oh well, one day I’ll get it right, right?

006

Although I do think the model is cute as cute can be, but I’m biased. LOL.

Another hat I made is a cable hat. 015

This is my other young son being the model.  I used a size 8 needle and followed the directions. It’s still to small. I think I will make this one again, but will do at least one more pattern repeat to get the length I need.

I’m working on my second Felicity  (pdf) right now. It was the first hat I made for 2009. This time I’m following the pattern without mods and see how slouchy it is.  I should be done later today unless I get distracted…

I’m making a bunch of dishcloths as a present for my son’s speech therapist. Long story short, some lead was found in some paint in our house. We got new windows (Yay!!) and he got a speech therapist who’s been coming to our house every week for nearly a year now. Well, my boy has outgrown his need for his speech therapist and our sessions are coming to an end in a few weeks. She admired my knitting work when she came over so I thought a bunch of cloths would be a nice thank you gift. I hope to make  at least 12, but maybe more. I’ll pair it with a nice basket and some soap or something.

011

Another windmill cloth. These turn out large, but they are super easy and little different than the regular round cloths.

006

This is from the cloth of the week group and is called Waves over Molokai. Another very easy and quick pattern. Maile’s patterns seem to run on the small (perfect for me!) side, but I don’t mind!

008

Lastly, Turtle tracks (This pattern is free on Ravelry). This is a LARGE cloth. I actually used a mercerized cotton and size 3 needles. I did 3 full  repeats and I think it came out nice. The color is more of a lavender than grape, but you get the idea.

Well, that’s it for today. I hope everyone is enjoying the weather. It’s been nice and warm here and definitely feeling like summer!

 

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day!!

3 comments:

Tally Knits said...

LOVE the windmill cloth! You used the perfect color yarn.

Your kids are so cute! Your 1 yo is just precious.

hakucho said...

Very cute hat...and very cute model :)

smariek said...

Cute models, cute hats! How do you get them to stay still enough to take a pic?