Ever have one of those days, weeks, months, years?
Is he crying because of all the tangled yarn or because of our failing economy? Or maybe he's just hungry....
Random thoughts and things I found interesting this past week
- The Duggars are on baby 18. They belong to a movement called the Quiverfull Movement. This movement does not allow for any form of birth control at all. I read a lot about this. It isn't for me. To each their own. As long as they can take care of their kids, fine. But what is worrisome is that this movement comes from "Scripture" that children are a blessing from God and we should not deny His blessings. Yeah, the Bible does say this but way back when child birth was a dangerous thing. If you survived and had lots of children, you were truly blessed. Now days there are crack whores having babies... is that God blessing her? Is that God blessing that poor child? I'm not so sure....
- The Presidential Elections are a crock. Why? Who do I vote for? Which candidate is less corrupt? How do I decide which one is the lesser of two evils? Why has our government become so low and how did it get to this point? I guess power does corrupt!
- My Wal-Mart is getting rid of Simply Soft yarn. I don't know why. It's sad, since I could get it there for $2.08 a skein. It's almost $4 at Michael's!
- My local JoAnne's has become knitter friendly. They re-did the layout and the yarn selection is a lot bigger. They barely have any crochet hooks and a lot of the yarn is slightly "higher end" (for a non LYS big box store). They sell the big balls of Sugar N Cream and the Cuisine Colors! Yay!!!
- My knitting apathy continues. I am trying to get things done for swap deadlines. It's hard when you're not loving what you do. And I've been frogging projects a lot. A lot.
- What can I make with 154 yds of WW yarn? I received a skein in a swap, and can't find anything! It's slightly tweedy looking too.
- I love looking at the Destash board on Ravelry. It seems like a lot of people want full price for their yarn, plus shipping. I can order a new skein from the supplier for a lot of the prices these people are asking. And reading the Naughty Swappers list is scary. I don't have money to be throwing to the wind. It's hard to believe people actually take money for items they never intend to send. Makes me want to NOT trade via Ravelry.
- I have several hats in my queue. I hate hats. They make my head itch.
- I have tons of scarves I want to make. I wear a scarf only if it's freezing out. And I mean blowing below 0 temps. Which happens maybe 2 or three times a year.
- I like to knit socks. The wool makes my feet itch and sweat. I only wear socks when I have too.
- Why is it that all the things I like to make I really have no use for? Or limited use? Hmmm....
- I am on a swap hiatus until further notice. I still have to finish the swaps I am in. Three of them are due by the end of the month and the last one is due at the end of Nov. I will still do an occasional dishcloth swap since I can't possibly be expected to quit completely.
- I really really want a set of Options nickel plated needles. But I don't really like circs all that much. But it would be nice to have the right size needle despite if it's connected to a cable or not.
- I have to use metal DPN's until my kids are a little older. My 2 yr old loves to break them. And he likes to pull my needles out of my projects. And he likes sticking my DPN's into the couch cushions. I'm still missing 3.
That's it for today. I'm going to go and try and get one Red Scarf done before the deadline. I need to mail in a week or so. Can I get 2 done? I doubt it!