Monday, August 18, 2008

Progress

I had a pretty busy weekend. From my last post, I finished sock #1, so halfway done. I tried to get to my heel of sock 2, but sadly failed. to give myself credit, I did start the sock yesterday, so getting to the heel would have been an all day knit-a-thon. I did make lots of progress on sock 2, almost halfway to the heel. 

I did have holes in the toe, however. I can live with it. They are mine, and the holes aren't VERY noticeable. Maybe I should ask my hubby and see if he can see them. 007

The hard part of taking pics of your own foot is the angle is always off. So you get to see my view of the socks.

They aren't very long. I don't like socks up my calf. I don't like them just to the top of my ankle, either. So I guess I like the 3/4 crew sock. I did have to rip out the bind off, since, silly me, I did a plain ol bind off. Yeah. I cold not get the sock around my heel. I was afraid I was going to break the sock. So I took the bind off out, ripped back 2 rows, and proceeded to do the bind off I found here.  I liked it better than the EZ sewn bind off, since then I would have to reposition my stitches on the needles, and it seemed like to much of a hassle.  I decided to not make a ribbed cuff, since the pattern is a rib. Redundant. Well, we'll see if they fall down all the time.

Here's a pic of the 2 socks for comparison:

013

It isn't the best pic, but it is the prettiest one I took! I may have to get a better camera.

In other news, I did work tons on my scarf. Not quite there yet, but soon. I think  I will be done with these projects soon, but who knows?

I have to go school my kids now. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

I was thinking about the bind off I use for socks and then I remembered I don't, I have yet to do a toe up.

hakucho said...

Your socks are awesome...what a fabulous color :) I like that bind off very much, great for socks!

Anonymous said...

You knit socks! I haven't even come CLOSE to trying socks yet. I would love to, love to, love to, if someone can recommend a simple sock tutorial for me. Socks for Christmas gifts this year would be awesome. I pad around the house in my bare feet all the time anyway. I would LOVE to make myself a pair of socks! Great job, Anita!

karla said...

yay for socks! can't wait to see the pair!

Angie said...

I really like the colors of your socks. What pattern are you using?