I've been working on my Clap exclusively since the beginning of the month. It's coming along quite nice! I'm almost done with the straight section, and I'll be doing the decreases soon. I just attached the 3rd skein, and I know I will have tons leftover.
The pic is a bit blurry, but you get the idea. I love how this is knit on the diagonal. I have to admit when I first started it, I really had no idea how it was going to work. I'll be squaring off the other edge soon. Two more straight repeats, yay!!!
Oops, I did knit a potholder to get a slight break from my Clap. It was quick and easy, and I like how it turned out. I used PnC Aquamist. I love that color!!
This is the first knit potholder from the Ravelry group Potholder along. I will try the crochet one soon... I used 2 strands together, so it's nice and soft and thick. Kind of on the small side, but it is an easy pattern to increase. I may make a matching potholder and dishcloth for a set.
So I'm sure many of you have heard about the Ravelympics, if you are not participating. It starts on Friday, I think at 8 am for me. I still have to swatch for my socks, but that won't take too long. I want to have my Clap done either today or tomorrow. I am also doing the Drop Stitch Scarf. I figured out that I have to finish each item in about 6 days. That takes some pressure off. 6 days for each sock, and 5 days for the scarf. If I can knit a Clap in 8 days, I can knit a scarf in 5!! So this will be a challenge, since I still need to do a few dishcloths and finish a purse for an exchange.
I'm going to do the Meme from Aunt Kathy's blog. She has a great ongoing contest until the end of the month. All you have to do is go on over and leave a comment each day, and a winner is randomly drawn at the end of the week. But each day has a "theme" so it's not that hard. Really. This week the prize is 2 skeins of Strata yarn, self-striping, along with a pair of needles.
Here's the Meme:
List 6 quirky things about yourself. Tag six people, link them, blah blah blah. If you want to be tagged, YOU'RE IT!!
1. I am a cynical S.O.B. If you tell me the sky is blue, I will have to check for myself before taking your word for it. I need facts, and lots of them, before I believe a lot of what people take for granted as truth.
2. My 4 sons share 2 birthdays. K and V have a March 17 b-day. and X and J share Oct 23 as theirs. Weird, huh?
3. Maybe TMI, but I used to be super hairy...now I barely have to shave (my legs, not my face, LOL)
4. My favorite fruit is a fresh peach, right off the tree.
5. I can't stand peach-flavored anything. It's just not real.
6. I think I stopped biting my nails for good...
Ok, so if you want to join, go ahead. If not, I won't send the blogging police to your house. I leave with one final picture for your enjoyment. This is hubby and baby, chilling on the couch, watching TV. Aren't they a handsome pair? Have a great day!!