Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sp 12 Question #5

Wow, I just answered the last one!

1) Where is your favorite place to go for vacation/holiday?
2) Where is one place you’d like to go?

I haven't been on vacation in so long. The only place we go is to Upstate New York once a year to my Hubby's family for various holidays. I can't answer this one.

Now, where would I like to go? Sounds crazy, but I want to go to the Ice Hotel in Sweden, I think. You know the one, made entirely of ice and it melts in 6 months. The only beverage they serve is hard liquor (since it doesn't freeze). Every year it gets more elaborate and bigger. It's literally freezing there. Everything is made of ice. But it is very luxurious...sounds good today, with the humidity like a heavy wet sponge over my head.

I will post another pic for you. I am in a Ravelry dishcloth swap. The swaps are bi-monthly, and have a "theme" but this one, the Summer Special Swap, was a mystery kit. I got some yarn and a pattern that I had to knit up and guess the designer and pattern by searching Ravelry. Fun, fun, fun!!! Here's my cloth:

025

It's called Turn Back Time Spa Set. Knitted in the round on size 6 DPN's and an 8 circ (I didn't have a 6 handy).  So it's square, not round, and has a nifty little leaf design in the center. The only problem I had was losing stitches on the DPN's before I  changed to the circs. The colorway is Pink Lemonade by PnC.

Look what we got:

 

017

Isn't he cute? His name is Ngozi, which means "blessed" in Egyptian. (I got this off the Internet, so if you speak Egyptian and this is not what this means, please let me know!!) So I am totally crazy to get a new puppy with all the kids and the baby, but how can you pass up that  cute little face? Yeah, I know that cute little face will grow up to be a DOG,  but he will be a good dog. I know it.

013

Look how small he is!! He still cries a lot and likes to nibble on the kids, but with patience and love, he will grow up to be a good companion.

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

What a cute puppy. I love puppies and I think that's a great name.

Anonymous said...

I have seen travel shows about the Ice Hotel and it looks like a once in a lifetime place to visit! Also, there are so many interesting Spas in Iceland and interesting places.

What kind of puppy is Ngozi??