Monday, May 19, 2008

Blueberry Pie Dilemma

 

No, I don't mean actual pie. Just the colorway.

I made this nifty bag in Blueberry Pie, ala Red Heart:

016

I did not have contrasting yarn to make the flower or the edge, so I used the lilac. Today I discovered I had some gray that would have worked. Oh well.

Anyway, the cute bag went quick. It holds my wallet, a shopping list, and a pen very nicely. I only used a little over half a skein. So I decided to use the rest to make a pair of Pocketbook Slippers. All was going well, until I was almost done with my second slipper.

008

This picture shows how much I had left to knit up. Not much.

009

And this is how much yarn I had to finish it up. So, did I have enough?

010

Yes I did! This is the slipper bound off, with the remaining yarn. I had enough to sew up both slippers, but not much else.

013

Here they are, with the nice gray flowers attached. Yes, I used the same flower pattern that went with the bag. I thought it was easy enough and just the right size.

011

Cute, huh? The picture just does not do it justice!

So the dilemma was averted, barely. As I was knitting, I was thinking ahead to how I was going to salvage the slipper. It would have not been right to forego the whole project because of a few rows.  Fortunately, it all worked out.  You can find the pocketbook slippers here. The bag pattern is found here.

No comments: