Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Dishcloth swap topic 2

TOPIC OF THE WEEK

When you knit or crochet dishcloths what do you use? What size needle? Wood? what type? Metal? Plastic? A specific Brand? Why do you love that needle so much? Is there one you are dying to try? Is there a particular yarn you love and use all the time for cloths? What is so special about it?


Ok, here goes the answer to this question. I usually use the good ol' PnC or SnC, 100% WW cotton. I do, however, prefer to use mercerized cotton for myself. I like the thinner cloths, smaller in size. I don't need anything gargantuan or very thick. Guess that's why I don't wear gloves to wash dishes, either.
On ww cotton, I use size 6 needles in bamboo. That's what I started on, all those months ago, and was very satisfied with the end result. So I haven't tried anything else, and size 6 or 7 is easy to find in the local Jo-anns around here in case it gets lost or broken.
I did receive a bamboo cloth as an exchange item once, and I think it's my favorite cloth!! It is soooo soft, almost too nice for dirty dishes! I would like to try linen to knit with, from knit-picks. Anything thinner than ww....Guess that about answers it.

Oh yeah, hopefully I will have a few dishcloths posted in the next day or two...

No comments: