Monday, June 4, 2007

Same ol, same ol....still no camera

You know, it's kinda boring not having pics to look at. You can't see my FO's or my WIP's. I will get batteries today, and post what I have done this past weekend.

I am doing 2 Shawls at once with my group, Shawls and Scarves ETC. The first one is a mystery shawl, the second one is Pacific Waves found on the Elann website. I am doing ok.

The Pacific Waves is killing me! It took me nearly all day to cast on and knit 2 rows, but it's because I'm a dolt! I don't read the suggestions very well, and it would have saved me hours! Anyway, after frogging my 541 CO stitches and doing half of the first row, I decided to mark every pattern repeat. This helped with counting the CO stitches as well. I should have done that to begin with!

So this morning, I decide to do another pattern repeat on my Mystery Shawl, and discover I have the same problem! Back to frog city. I hate frogging. It's a bunch of wasted time....

But I do learn from my mistakes. I guess that's why knitting is becoming more of a process for me. I was, at first, just trying to get my stuff done. But now I am just trying to learn, taking time and enjoying my knitting come to life. It's not hurry up for the end product, though that is nice and comes with a great sense of accomplishment. It is now more the process: choosing the yarn and or color, reading the pattern, casting on. Making sure all the stitches are there. If it becomes too much of a chore, I just put the knitting down and do something else for awhile.

So the lessons for this week: when casting on large amounts of stitches, make sure you mark the pattern repeats, or at least a predictable number! Read the suggestions in the pattern, and look at your work to see if it's coming along.

Sorry for the boring posts...you know how it is with no camera. I will post my pics later....

No comments: