Thursday, June 7, 2007

Ripple...




I have volunteered to make my father an afghan for the back of his leather couch. He readily agreed. I just made sure he purchased all the yarn I would need. He was lucky, because Hobby Lobby was having a sale. I got the yarn for $1.99 a skein instead of $2.99. Wow, what a bargain shopper I am.

So I started the Ripple on Wednesday, June 6. I am done with this weeks rows on both my KAL shawls, one being a Mystery Shawl, the other the Pacific Waves, so I decided to start on the ripple.

It is the first big project I am doing. It is crochet, for those of you who do not know, and it is going pretty fast, so far. There will be no decreases, so all I have to look forward to is the color changes. Can't wait for those.

As you can see in the bottom (blurry) pic, I have "mountains and valleys", ripples!!We'll see how much I do before I get totally bored with it. I am only three rows into it so far, so I hope the excitement stays. I can't wait to see it grow and grow and grow....I'll keep you posted.

No comments: