Sunday, April 1, 2007

Butterflies and 3-1 Checked cloth

Ok, so I've been busy this weekend. Unfortunately, it took me forever to knit these two dishcloths, but I finally got them done! You'd think a cloth as simple as the 3-1 checked cloth is, I could knit it up in less than a day. But no! I had to frog row upon row several times. That's what happens when you knit tired!

So I feel accomplished now. I have two more almost in progress, plus my KAL's. I'll start those in the next day or so, I like to knit more than four-ten rows at once. But I will start before the end of the KAL so I can be surprised by what the pattern is.

So, without more fanfare, here are the cloths I knitted this weekend.



This one is called Spring Butterflies . I found it very easy to knit, but it was huge! I cut out the last repeat, and I bound off way to loose, but besides that, it looks great.

The other cloth is called 3in 1 Check
similar to the ballband, but slightly different. I like the looks of this cloth, but it gave me grief! I also cut out the last repeat, and it is a nice size for me. I don't really like really big dishcloths, just big enough to fit on my hand. I can't wait to use these.

I will post soon with more finished projects.

Keep knitting!

5 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Hi Anita, love your blog and sense of humor. Great pictures of your work.

Toni in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains
http://foothillsofthegreatsmokymountains.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Very cute cloths... I need to start a couple for tv watching tonight, i think :D

hakucho said...

Very pretty cloths!

happy knitting :)

Anonymous said...

I love the butterfly dishcloth, they are my favorite things, next to ferrets (meerkats etc :P). I can see what you mean about the pattern being rather large. I think I will for go the last repeat as well. I like the color as well. Good choice. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the Spring one with butterflies! I'm not a knitter, but I love your blog! My 13 yo daughter started a couple months ago and made a head band and plans to make a couple other things as well.