Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Hat, some socks, and a scarf

I’ve been not knitting a lot. Whole days of non knitting have gone by. Guess it’s just one of those down cycles, which seems to happen in the warmer weather. I find it hard to knit when I have to watch the kids play…. plus it makes me tired (knitting, that is!). I have managed to finish a few projects which have been OTN longer than I really like. But they’re done!!

I find I’m a viral knitter. I like to knit stuff everyone else has knit, or so it seems. So here’s my version of Skew:

010

Misit Alpaca Sock in colorway Turkey Tail. I love how these ended up and am a bit sad that’s it not cool enough to wear them, but not too sad. I love the warm weather and they will wait patiently until I can put them on.

011

The obligatory heel shot. Very cool how these work up.

013

And the side view. I used a size 1 needle and they may a be a bit loose, but it’s ok. I still love them. And the yarn is to die for!!

I also made a few hats. Here’s the first one I completed. I’m disappointed that it didn’t turn out big enough for me. It fits my 5 yr old son perfectly though.

002

This is the double layer sock  yarn hat. It’s reversible and it went pretty quickly. Of course, mindless stockinette + mindless TV watching = a quick FO. 

003

This is the main color side. I used Lanet yarn and I forget what size needles, probably a 1, 2, or 3.  The only other thing I didn’t like about the pattern was the lack of direction on the decreases. I suppose I could have been less lazy and looked it up, but that’s what the pattern is for, right? Anyway, it was supposed to be a square top. Mine turned out spiral:

004

Does this mean it has to belong to a girl? Maybe if I make this again, I’ll use a larger needle and do regular decreases.

The other hat I made is the Olympic Hat (Rav link) from Team USA, with the reindeer (moose) on them. I haven’t done a lot of colorwork and this hat was interesting to make.

005

As you can see, it’s large, but it fits me perfect. Finally! I can’t wait to wear this in the winter!

008

Here’s the other side. I used Cascade 220 Superwash and size 3 needles. Maybe that’s why it took so long, LOL? I got the modded pattern from Shuttle Shop in Warsaw. She even sent me the yarn. Yay!

I’m also working on a pair of socks and started a lace scarf. I have 10 pages of queue on Ravelry and would like to cut it down a bit.  Here’s my Mojo (Rav link) socks:

014

well, sock. Still on sock 1. I am almost done with it and I hope it fits. This is such an easy pattern but it seems to take forever! The yarn is Thank Ewe in key lime, size 1 needles. 

016

A preview of Anya above. I have knitted the same 4 rows twice now since my precious baby boy keeps pulling the needles out…grrr. If he wasn’t so cute, I’d strangle him, LOL. Maybe now I’ll be more careful to put my stuff away. The yarn is KP Shadow in laceweight, colorway Sunset. Maybe a stormy sunset..but I like it.

So you can see what I’m working on. I have a few more sock patterns lined up…but at the rate I’m going, it’ll be Christmas before I get to any of them. LOL. 

No comments: