Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ummm, Hello? Anyone home?

Yep, it’s been awhile. Since, uh, Thanksgiving-ish.

I have a post that is saved, but I have no pics, so I’m going to give  a quick brief update so you guys don’t think I deserted you.

Where have I been? Right here! I haven’t done a lot of knitting since Thanksgiving. Maybe that’s why I haven’t posted in so long….my mojo was gone. I went days without knitting anything. I actually, at one point, debated giving the whole thing up!

But I came to my senses.

I’ve been on a True Blood/ Sookie Stackhouse kick. Well, not anymore. I am eagerly awaiting season 3 on HBO (yes, we’ll subscribe to HBO for the time it’s on. I’m a sucker!) but  I didn’t knit for at least a month as I read my way through all 8 books in record time.

I guess I’ve been on a reading kick. I like the vampire novels, but I’m picky. I thought Twilight was unbelievable. I don’t remember being so clingy as a teenager. Or even finding that ONE guy who held all my dreams of happiness in his hunky hands (well, maybe, if he’d given me the time of day, LOL) I like vampire novels along the lines of Sookie Stackhouse…Charlaine Harris is such an awesome writer who draws you in and makes you care about the character. But right now I’m into the post apocalyptic books. I’m reading Oryx and Crake right now, by Margaret Atwood (who also authored The Handmaiden’s Tale, which made such an impression on me I think it’s in my top 5 faves of all time!) I just saw The Book of  Eli at the theater so maybe that’s why I’m into the end of the world stories. 

One thing I’ve discovered is that I can’t read and knit. I can do some of one, a little of the other, but no real progress in either area. Reading one or two chapters, a max of thirty pages a day, is not enough to finish a novel without forgetting who the characters are or what the plot is. Same with knitting. I can’t get anything done if I only finish a few rows, no matter if it’s a dishcloth or a shawl.

Speaking of shawls, I love them. I am in love with those cute little shawlettes all over Ravelry. I’ve got Multnomah on my needles. I just finished a small version of the All Shawl, and I have another, bigger shawl OTN that is getting very little action. Oh yeah, can’t forget about my Baktus. I dyed some RH sock yarn with red Kool Aid  a while back and I figured this is the perfect project for it.

I’ll update with some pics of some of my FO’s. Maybe. I made a bunch of hats that promptly became “lost” by the wonderful kids. Before I could even snap any pics! But I’ll hunt them down. They are here, somewhere.

Look at this. It’s outside my window earlier today. All the snow melted over the weekend with the rain, now it’s coming back!

009 

This church is across the street.

016

I tried to get the same zoom, but you get the idea.

1 comment:

hakucho said...

Sometimes we all need a break from knitting....doesn't happen often to me. I do wish I could figure out how to knit AND read at the same time ;)