Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Granny Square Afghan and Updates



Here's a pic of the squares I have so far for my gingham check blanket. The pattern calls for 116 light blue squares, and 56 each of the white and med. blue squares. I have half the light blue done, all the white are completed, and only about 15 of the med blue. After that, it is time to connect. I am really unmotivated to keep doing these squares. Fortunately, they are only 2 rounds each, and I can crochet each one in about 5 minutes or so. So, it would take me approx. 18.6 hours to just crochet the squares. That does not include the joining....which is something I will have to tackle soon enough. Maybe that is why I'm taking so long.

I'm working on some smaller projects, getting squares ready for two more exchanges, and probably a bookmark, as well as at least one more dishcloth for an exchange. I have to decide on that one. There are also two KAL's starting today...Bookmark KAL and monthly dishcloth KAL. I won't start them today, though.

I am working on a bib for my 6 mo. old, I think I will attach it with an I-cord to tie around the neck instead of a button on one side, that way the fit is more "custom". I should have that done today, then off to make a few more squares, probably. I need to expand my knitting projects. These little ones are killing me. I should have participated in the SASE (Shawls and Scarves Etc.) Scarf KAL, but for some reason I though it was a shawl, even though all the posts said SCARF. Well, I guess you see what you want to. Turns out, the scarf is gorgeous and everyone really liked it. I am going to have to go back and do that one. I am still working on my shawl...I could use it today, brrrr.

Well, that's it for today. I will post tomorrow with another finished cloth.

No comments: